Whilst the focus of the event is to raise money for a great Charity & enjoy the challenge of dipping into 30 Bays – It is essential that we highlight the following.
By agreeing to participate in this event we ask you to acknowledge the following points.
- You are entering at your own risk.
- You are solely responsible for making your own assessment as to the risks involved in any particular swim.
- The Calvert Lakes accepts no responsibility and will not be liable whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury,death, or other liability which may arise.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are medically and physically fit enough to participate and if they are indoubt or have a medical condition you will consult with your doctor prior to taking part.
- You must not swim whilst under the influence of alcohol or any medication which may cause drowsiness.
- Note that the Event is unsupervised and therefore each participant is responsible for their own safety.
- Be aware of other Lake users (whether in/on boats, SUPS, etc) and show due respect and caution.
- Be over the age of 18 years old
- Swim with an adult participant if they are between the age of 16 years & 18 years.
- Ensure that they are aware of the weather forecasts.
- Read our Swim Safe – Top Tips and wear appropriate swim wear.
We strongly recommend that participants:
- Swim with at least one other participant and do not undertake any of the swims on their own.
- Wear a brightly coloured swim cap so that vessels and other swimmers can see them.
- Have appropriate warm clothing and refreshments for after each swim
- Swim within your capabilities
- Always ensure that someone knows where and when you intend to swim.
- Be aware of your surroundings whilst undertaking a swim.