What are they?
Our 7-night Buddy Breaks are for those who are independent in the majority of their day-to-day lives. They may need some support in an unfamiliar environment with new tasks and a new routine. Our ‘Buddies’ – volunteers with the Calvert Trust who have a care, teaching, clinical, or similar background – are there to support people with reminders and prompts and provide help assisting them to integrate socially with other members of the group if appropriate.
Support may include:
- ensuring people wake in time for breakfast,
- help gathering kit and clothing,
- reminding people what time activities start and where they are meeting their group,
- or provide physical support for people who are unsteady on their feet.
- Buddies are also there to listen to any concerns someone may have and liaise between the individual and Calvert Trust staff and to help social interaction between participants.
- They do not however provide any care support or assist with the taking of medication.
Unaccompanied adults attending our Buddy Breaks must all complete an assessment form to ensure the support requirements can be met by our Buddies. The form requires confirmation of the level of care needs you may require and will be sent out to you during the booking process.
Well – everything you’d expect:
- 7 nights accommodation in our on-site, spick and span ensuite rooms (by the way – we don’t do online booking as we like to find out exactly what you need from your room first!)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks
- A brilliant array of accessible outdoor activity – tailored to you and the time of year.
- And everything else – all those things you didn’t expect but that really matter: meeting and making friends with like-minded people; a break away from the daily grind; doing things you may never have thought possible; quite simply – making memories.
£995 per person based on two people sharing a twin room with ensuite wet room. Pleas note, if you require a buddy, there is an £80 supplement.